Six Tips to a Smooth Move
- Ask the Movers Questions: If you do not understand something, ask. The moving business is complex and has its own language. If you need more clarity, call Jeff or Oscar at our office.
- When Possible Plan an Off-Peak Season Move: May to September is the high season. If you can avoid moving during those months, you will likely receive better service. If you must move during the high season, move mid-month, mid-week, and avoid the end of the month.
- Be Reachable by Phone: Make sure the we are able to reach you by phone during your move.
- Transport Valuables with You: Valuables, such as cash, coins, jewelry, photographs, and important papers should be taken with you. If you have to send them ahead, we recommend using a traceable service with insurance.
- Personal Travel Items: Keep together in the vehicle you are taking with you. Avoid having those items loaded onto our moving truck.
- No matter how prepared you are things occasionally go wrong. Moving is a stressful times in your life. Take a deep breath, be patient, and get a good night’s sleep before moving day.
Two Days Before, Moving Day & Delivery Day Tips
TWO DAYS BEFORE YOU MOVE
- Defrost and dry refrigerators and freezers to be moved by the Movers.
- Set aside valuable items to carry with you (jewelry, vital documents, money and valuable small items).
- Be on hand to answer questions and give directions to our movers and stay until they are finished.
- Find and/or initial all appropriate paperwork before AND after your move.
- Before the moving truck leaves, take one final look through the house to make certain nothing has been left behind.
- The driver uses GPS to find your delivery location. Discuss helpful landmarks.
- Notify the driver and the mover where you can be reached during the move.